Team Rocket's Meowth
- Full Name:
- Pokemon age differently than humans, but one could
guess that Meowth is an adult
- Meowth (A cat of sorts)
- Meowth has no permanent home, but he wanders with his
- Team Rocket
- Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Ash, Red, Team Aqua, Team
Magma, Team Galactic...
- Powers and Abilities:
- Meowth has the uncanny ability to speak in the human's
tongue. Besides this, he attacks with his fangs, claws, and limbs
- Quoted as Saying:
- "Meowth! That's right!"
- "AAAH! I'm a Pokemon, too!"
- "I hate water... especially WET water!"
- "Just remember: I'M the top cat around here!"
- Pokemon Red/Green (Japan Only)
- GB, 1995
- Pokemon Red/Blue (Everywhere but Japan)
- GB, 1998
- Pokemon Yellow
- GB, 1999
- Pokemon Gold/Silver
- GB, 2000
- Pokemon Crystal
- GBC, 2001
- Pokemon Channel
- GCN, 2003
- Pokemon Emerald
- GBA, 2005
- Pokemon XD
- GCN, 2005
Heard of at the SSS:
Meowth... Pokemon #52. Meowth are nocturnal Pokemon, ever attracted to
any shiny object. This Meowth in particular is known for being Team
Rocket's third member and being able to talk. Meowth's story explains
that he learned how to talk to impress another Meowth, but she turned
him down, thinking him a freak. Meowth is easily one of the most
recognizable Pokemon, second only to Pikachu. Meowth is willing to try
any scatterbrained scheme simply to impress the boss. Although Meowth
is constantly trying evil schemes and works with a team of thieves, he
does have a heart, for his teammates and for his acquaintances. (Written
by Light Bear)
- Pay Day
- The signature move of Meowth; he tosses forward a
collection of coins/charms. During coin matches, these coins can be
collected, much like the standard coins. Team Rocket's Meowth has noted
that he sacrificed his ability to learn Pay Day to learn to talk, but
for the Stadium's purposes, he would know this move through TM.
- UP SPECIAL Moves
- Rearing up, Meowth prepares to leap up and pounce down
on a smasher. This is somewhat like a mix between Dedede's Super Dedede
Jump and Diddy's Monkey Flip, in that Meowth leaps high, then comes
down quickly and latches onto an opponent.
- SIDE SPECIAL Moves
- Simply, Meowth swings a clawed paw down on the
opponent. Pretty basic, but this move can have serious knockback if
- DOWN SPECIAL Moves
- Iron Tail
- Meowth quickly rotates 360 degrees, holding his tail
out while he does so. Having stiffened his tail, it will deal
significant damage and very high knockback.
- FINAL SMASH Moves
- Meowth's Party
- Little known fact: it is Meowth's dream to become a
rock legend. Here, he pulls out his guitar and begins to play and sing,
creating sound shockwaves. Meowth can move about the arena unhindered,
although he cannot perform any additional attacks. From the top of the
screen, a disco ball lowers as he plays. The audience members may begin
to rave, in which objects may be thrown onto the arena to damage
smashers. This only lasts for about 15 seconds.