- Full Name:
- Popo (in blue) & Nana (in pink)
- They are eskimos
- Icicle Mountain, Infinite Glacier
- Each other, and very tasty vegetables!
- Topis, Polar Bears, Condors
- Powers and Abilities:
- They have various ice-based powers, a knowledge of how
to climb icy mountains safely, and each has a big honking hammer that
can be used to break ice or faces.
- Quoted as Saying:
- "Hey, our game is being mean to us!" ~Popo
- "We can handle this!" ~Nana
- "Yeah, I guess so." "No hard feelings."
- "Oh boy!" "Eggplant pizza!"
- Ice Climber
- NES, 1985
Heard of at the SSS:
Popo and Nana are ridiculously unknown.
Most us here probably had never heard of them until Melee. The Ice Climbers
used to spend their time rescuing their vegetable
friends from a condor on Infinite Glacier, their homeland. The condor
would steal the veggies, whether they be eggplants (what is Nintendo's
obsession with these things?!), cabbage, carrots, or peppers, and fly
off to the top of the mountain summit. Icicle Mountain was the name,
and changing design was the game; as every level was actually a
different side of the mountain the twins had to climb to rescue their
friends. Why they were friends with vegetables is questionable, but
hey, they're solitary eskimos living on a freakin' glacier. What do you
expect? Anyways, the twins Popo
will stop at nothing to get
the gold, neglected or not! They have a number of advantages, such as
not slipping thanks to their cleeted boots, or the fact that together,
their smash attacks are devastating. However, they also seem to be a
lot weaker when separated in the battlefield... will opponents use this
to their advantage?
- STANDARD SPECIAL
- Ice Shot
- They swing their hammers and creates a sliding chunk of
ice that deals minor damage and will bounce off any walls, making it a
good way to hit things behind the Climbers.
- UP SPECIAL Moves
- This move requires Nana, and is rather
ineffective when she's not around. Either way, Nana jumps forward, and
Popo is pulled behind her to safety.
- SIDE SPECIAL Moves
- Squall Hammer
- This sounds rather intimidating, and, even though it's
meant to be offensive, it can be used as a comeback move. The Ice
Climbers spin back to back, hitting opponents with their hammers.
- DOWN SPECIAL Moves
- An icy wind blows from each Ice Climber, as they freeze
any opponents near them in ice. It will even freeze up Charizard!
- FINAL SMASH Moves
- When the Ice Climbers have the Smash Ball, everything
gets colder, as a giant iceburg erupts from the bottom of the stage,
and covers a good chunk of it. The Ice Climbers are unaffected by this
Iceburg but the other fighters will take damage from touching it and
they may be frozen. This Final Smash will even freeze up the lava-filled Norfair!