- Full Name:
- King Dedede
- We don't know his age, either... -_-
- We think he is a Penguin
- Mt. Dedede, Dream Land, Planet Popstar
- His own army, Escargoon, and Meta Knight
- Dark Matter, Nightmare, Marx, Dark Nebula and most of
- Powers and Abilities:
- He has the ability to float and suck in his opponents,
and he is actually rather heavy for a character than can float, so he
can squash opponents with his weight. He also wields a big honking
hammer! Despite not being known for it, Dedede also has an appetite
that rivals Kirby's!
- Quoted as Saying:
- "Kirby gets all the credit when I do all the work!"
- "No, I am NOT possessed by Dark Matter!"
- "I'll clobber that darn Kirby!"
- "I am the King!"
- Kirby's Dream Land
- GB, 1992
- Kirby's Adventure
- NES, 1993
- Kirby Dream Land 2
- SNES, 1995
- Kirby Super Star
- SNES, 1996
- Kirby Dream Land 3
- SNES, 1996
- Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
- N64, 2000
- Kirby Canvas Curse
- DS, 2005
- Kirby Squeak Squad
- DS, 2006
Heard of at the SSS:
Battle Royku as one of the Fearsome Five
is the self-proclaimed ruler of Dream Land. While being the
recurring villian of Dream Land, he is not so much an evil tyrant as he
is a plain old bully. He once stole all the food from the residents of
Dream Land, but Kirby
fought him and saved the food. Since then, Kirby
has been suspicious of King Dedede
and King Dedede has been
jealous of Kirby.
Notably, King Dedede
protects Dream Land just as much as Kirby.
He once trapped Nightmare and broke the Star Rod with the help of Meta Knight. However, Kirby inadvertantly reassembled
the Star Rod and released Nightmare. Thankfully, with the help of King Dedede and the Star Rod, Kirby destroyed Nightmare.
Because of this heroism and the fact that he spots trouble first, King Dedede has occasionally been
the target of possession by Dark Matter, who had to be chased out by Kirby.
However, King Dedede
above all else wants to beat Kirby
EVERYTHING! From flying to racing to eating, King
will do anything Kirby
try to do it better. When he eventually heard that Kirby
was in SSS, he
grabbed his huge mallet and a few Waddle Dees and headed off to join!
King Dedede's Moves:
- After he got defeated by Kirby, King Dedede trained
himself to fight like Kirby, and this is one of the moves he gained.
Like Kirby, King Dedede can inhale his opponents, however he can't
absorb the powers of them like Kirby can. Ironic, since this is the
move Kirby gains if he inhales King Dedede!
- UP SPECIAL Moves
- Super Dedede Jump
- King Dedede jumps up high into the air and his mighty
Hammer into the ground hard! Very powerful yes, but also leaves Dedede
wide open when he lands!
- SIDE SPECIAL Moves
- Waddle Dee Toss
- King Dedede tosses one of his Waddle Dees at his
opponent. The Waddle Dees actually waddle around as a hazard
similar to a Mr. Saturn. Sometimes, Dedede will use a spiky Gordo, or
the beam-using Waddle Doo, which also will stay!
- DOWN SPECIAL Moves
- Jet Hammer
- King Dedede's Hammer is actually mechanized, so he can
charge up its power and then slam it for more damage to opponents. He
can't save the charge, and he takes more damage when the hammer is
- FINAL SMASH Moves
- Waddle Dee Army
- King Dedede whistles and a whole army of Waddle Dees
charge in and attack everyone!