- Full Name:
- Prince Marth of Altea
- The Kingdom of Altea on the continent of Archanea
- The Army of Altea, which includes his advisor Jagen,
his girlfriend Shiida, and his top paladins Cain and Abel
- The Manakete Medeus
- Powers and Abilities:
- He is an expert swordsman, and a great army leader. He
also weilds the Falcion, a mystical sword that can slay dragons.
- Quoted as Saying:
- "Kyou mo ikinobiru koto ga dekita." (Today, I have
- "Boku wa makeru wake-ni wa ikanainda!" (There's no way
I can lose!)
- "Konkai wa boku no kachi da ne?" (This time it's my
victory, isn't it?)
- "Minna, miteite kure!" (Everyone, please look!)
- Fire Emblem: The Dark Dragon and Sword of Light (Japan
- Famicom, 1990
- Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem (Japan Only)
- Super Famicom, 1994
- Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon
- DS, 2009
Heard of at the SSS:
Commentated a match with Flip.
is the most well-known star of Nintendo's Fire Emblem series, a wildly
popular RPG/Strategy series very similar to the Shining Force games.
Now, for those of us who have never actually played Marth's particular
Fire Emblem games,
here is a nice synopsis of Marth.
is the Prince of the Kingdom of Altea, a descendant of the great
hero Anri who once saved the land from a race of people who could
transform into terrible dragons. They were known as Manaketes and their
king was Medeus. After the murder of his own father, and the Kingdom of
Dolhr conquered Altea, the exiled Marth
formed a rebellion with a group
of loyal soldiers and townspeople. He was able to overthrow the rival
kingdom, defeat Dolhr and the newly revived Medeus twice, and regain
the throne of Altea. As for SSS, however... he's a really nervous
nelly. He's freaked out during his commentating jobs in the past, of
course. However, it has been noticed that he does have the amazing
Falchion in his grasp, and therefore, he's a wonderful swordsman, able
to "dance across the arena" to put it one way. Marth is a wonderful
addition to the SSS Cast!
- Shield Breaker
- A charge up overhead sword slash; when fully charged,
this literally can break a shield, sending a defense heavy opponent
straight back where they came from.
- UP SPECIAL Moves
- Dolphin Slash
- A sword uppercut to put it bluntly; contrary to popular
belief, this is not an ice attack. Actually, Marth has nothing to do
with ice at all.
- SIDE SPECIAL Moves
- Dancing Blade
- Marth does a sword slash and turns red. After this
slash, the control stick can be angled, and, if B is pressed in a
consecutive four-part pattern, then Marth can pull off an amazing sword
combo; a 9-step combo is the highest he can go.
- DOWN SPECIAL Moves
- Often called "Enguarde!" This is the attack where Marth
readies his sword and waits; if he is hit within the 2-3 seconds he
stands ready, Marth will absorb the damage and do a counter slash back
at the opponent. The counterattack is faster than Roy's or Ike's, but
does less damage.
- FINAL SMASH Moves
- Critical Hit
- When the magnificent Marth grabs a Smash Ball, LOOK
OUT!!! It causes 60% damage, but that won't matter as it's a instant KO
for up to three of his opponents!