- Full Name:
- Green Yoshi
- Unknown, though rumors persist that he was fully grown
when the Mario Bros. and Bowser were babies.
- Care to hazard a guess?
- Yoshi's Island, Dinosaur Land, Mushroom World
- Mario, Luigi, Princess Peach, Toad
- Kamek, Bowser, Koopalings, Koopa Troop
- Powers and Abilities:
- Great defense, maneuvarability in the air, strong legs,
and a cast iron stomach. Also able to make eggs to be thrown at
enemies... At least, we HOPE it's eggs.
- Quoted as Saying:
- Super Mario World
- SNES, 1991
- Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
- SNES, 1995
- Yoshi's Story
- N64, 1998
- Yoshi's Island DS
- DS, 2007
Heard of at the SSS:
The average one of the bunch, Yoshi
has always been the one who lead
the group of Yoshies on Yoshi's Island. Yoshi
won't tell us how long he
has known the Mario Bros, however they first came to his aid when he
was trapped in an egg by Bowser.
He was glad to assist the Mario Bros.
on their travels throughout Dinosaur Land to resuce the kidnapped Princess Peach
, as well as the other Yoshies. Although Yoshi
have a special shell ability like the other male Yoshies, he can eat
the proper color shell and use its ability, provided he doesn't swallow
or spit out the shell. In case there's trouble, you can almost always
count on Yoshi.
Always a lover of watermelons, berries, and various vegetables, Yoshi
has decided to make his garden an arena here at SSS. His other three
arenas take place back on Yoshi's Island. Both Classic and New Yoshi's
Story arenas involve fighting in a paper cutout world of mayhem. The
classic version faces opponents inside a book, surrounded by platforms
and clouds, with the Super Happy Tree in the background. The new
version is actually on a small island in the middle of a denim sea,
with moving clouds and Shy Guys there to terrorize unlucky fighters.
The final arena is Yoshi's Island from the game Super Mario World,
spinning happy face blocks included. Almost makes you want to learn to
play the banjo...
- Egg Lay
- He swallows up the opponent and turns him/her into an
egg on the spot.
- UP SPECIAL Moves
- Egg Toss
- Slightly controllable, the egg does a certain distance
- SIDE SPECIAL Moves
- Egg Roll
- Yoshi turns into an egg and rolls into his opponents,
able to turn 3 times before stopping. The egg can be broken however.
- DOWN SPECIAL Moves
- Yoshi Bomb
- This is the classic Hip Drop. He goes up, flips, then
slams his dino posterior onto
those below him.
- FINAL Moves
- Super Dragon
- When Yoshi grabs a Smash Ball, it acts like a flashing Koopa
shell to him, causing him to breathe fire, grow wings, and actually
fly! Needless to say, like the flashing shell, it only lasts a limited